- Article in the Guardian – Cyborg GPs: healthcare in an imagined future
- Article in the Guardian; Dr Scrooge meets the ghosts of the GP past, present and future – access here
- Letter in The Telegraph about naming and shaming GPs over cancer referral rates here
- BMJ blogs which can be found here
- Blogs for ResilientGP which can be found here
- Numerous blogs for BMA News which can be found here
- Historical blogs for Pulse Magazine which can be found here (log in required)
Peer reviewed journal articles
- S Dawlatly, 2014. Do our consultation models meet our patients’needs? BJGP 64 (622) 245
- S Dawlatly, 2014. Rebel With a Cause; when morals, politics and religion collide. BJGP 64 (618):34
- S. Dawlatly, 2013. Stop All the Docs, Cut Off Their Moans. BJGP 63 (616): 602
- S. Dawlatly, S. Lamb, 2013. Q & A at the Well Centre. BJGP 63 (614): 485
- S. Dawlatly, 2013. I doctored lonely and thought aloud. BJGP 63 (614): 485
- S. Dawlatly, 2013. Poem. BJGP 63(613):429
- S. Dawlatly. 2013 Sticking to this Soulless Quest. BJGP 63 (609): 208. A parody of Wilfred Owen’s Dulce et Decorum est.
- S.L. Dawlatly, A. Dramis, V. Suma, R. Grimer, 2011. Stewart-Treves syndrome and the use of positron emission tomographic scanning. Annals of Vascular Surgery 25(5):699.e1-3.
- S. Dawlatly, 2011. Why Bother Talking to Teenagers. BJGP 62(595):94. Free access to essay about how doctors should treat teenagers.
- S. Dawlatly, 2011. Template for a Junior Doctor. BJGP 61(583):151. Poem about being human and being a doctor. Based on “If” by Rudyard Kipling
- S.L. Dawlatly, T.J. McBride, V. Rajaratanam, 2010. Filler: I can’t talk right now. BMJ 340:c2368. A short recounting of an outrageous story. Free access for 14 days if you register.
- S. Dawlatly, 2010. Recipe for Madness. BJGP 60(576):547. A poem that is dark and personal.
- S. Dawlatly, 2010. There is no such thing as flexible training for GP Trainees. BJGP 60(574):384. Reflection on balancing work and home life.
- S. Dawlatly, 2009. Personal View: It’s my time to change. BMJ 339:b3156. A bit of a story about me – free access for 14 days if you register.
Published Books and Chapters
- Numerous Poems in “Learning to Love”, edited by Chris Goan. Available at here
- S. Dawlatly, 2013. Parabolic Parables. [Available as download from www.proost.co.uk]
- S. Dawlatly, 2012. Can Everything Good Be Measured? In: P.H.R. Bryson. Honouring Personhood in Patients. England: Whole Person Health Trust; pp43-45